DATA PROTECTION PRIVACY NOTICE
This Notice outlines the data protection policies and procedures we have adopted and to which we abide to ensure we are GDPR compliant. The purpose of this Notice and any other documents referred to in it, is to clearly list and identify the legal requirements, procedures and rights which must be established when we obtain, process, transfer and/or store your personal data. This Notice will assist you in understanding the obligations, responsibilities and rights which arise from the Data Protection Laws.
Everyone has rights with regard to the way in which their personal data is handled. In order to operate efficiently we need to collate and use information about the people with whom we work. This includes current, past and prospective employees, clients, and others with whom we communicate.
We regard the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as integral to successful operation and to maintaining the confidence of the people we work and communicate with. To this end we fully endorse and adhere to the principles of the relevant Laws.
We are not registered as a Data Controller on the Register kept by the Information Commissioner’s Office, as the assessment carried out returned a result of no registration required for our business.
- Personal information IF MUSIC CO UK collects
Information we collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide us with certain information such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you are ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information if you contact us directly via telephone and/or email.
- The legal bases IF MUSIC CO UK relies on to collect, use, and share personal information
Why we need your information and how we use it
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order and to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list / one off newsletters
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law, i.e. HMRC for bookkeeping/accounting purposes.
- The third parties with whom IF MUSIC CO UK shares personal information
Information sharing and disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies including Royal Mail / the Post Office, domestic and international couriers. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If we sell or merge our business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
- The length of time IF MUSIC CO UK keeps personal information
We retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to provide you with our services. However, we may also be required to retain this information to comply with any legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements. We generally keep your data for the following time period: seven years for bookkeeping / accounting purpose as required by U.K. law.
- If transferring personal information outside of the U.K., how the transfer will be handled
Transfers of personal information outside the U.K.
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the U.K. and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than our jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the U.K., we rely on the GDPR Regulation as the legal basis for the transfer, as IONOS/1and1 where our server is hosted is GDPR compliant.
- The buyers’ rights regarding IF MUSIC CO UK use of your personal information and IF MUSIC CO UK contact details
If you reside in certain territories, including the U.K., you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using our contact information.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Aside exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to contact IF MUSIC CO UK
For purposes of U.K. data protection law, Jean-Claude THOMPSON, is the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us by email. Alternately, you may write to:
IF MUSIC CO UK c/o HEYWARDS 2nd Floor, 21/22 Great Castle Street, London, W1G 0HZ.